Sports Dentistry Bibliography
- Stenger J.M. Mouthguards: Protection Against Shock to Head Neck and Teeth, JADA 1964, 69:273-281.
- Clegg J H. Letters to the Editor, British Dental Journal 1966, October 4.
- Hickey, Judson C., Morris, Alvin L., Carlson, Loren D., Seward, Thomas E. The Relation of Mouth protectors to Cranial Pressure and Deformation, JADA, Vol. 74, March 1967.
- Kruger, G.O. Textbook of Oral Surgery; The C.V. Mosby Co., St Louis, Mo., 3rd ed. 1968, p. 381.
- Kruger, G.O. Textbook of Oral Surgery; The C.V. Mosby Co., St Louis, Mo., 3rd ed. 1968, pg 382.
- Dennis C, Parker D A S. Mouthgards in Australian Sport Australian Sport Australian Dental Journal, June 1972, pp226-235.
- Reports of Councils and Bureau’s Mouth Protectors: 11 Years on JADA Vol 86 June 1973.
- Turner C H. Mouth Protectors British Dental Journal, Vol 143 No 3, 1977 pp 82-86.
- Stenger, John M. Physiologic Dentistry with Notre Dame Players, Basal Facts, Spring, 1977;2(1):8-18.
- Heintz W D Mouth Protection in Sports the Physician of Sportsmedicine Vol 7 No 2 Feb 1979.
- Upson N Dental Injuries and the Attitudes of Rugby Players to Mouthgards British Journal Sports Medicine Vol 16 No 4 December 1982, pp 241-244.
- Davis G T and Knott S C Dental Trauma in Australia, Australian Dental Journal, August 1984. Vol. 29, No. 4, pp 217-231.
- American Dental Association, Council on Dental Materials. Mouth protectors and Sports Team Dentists. JADA 1984;109:84-87.
- Chaconas S J, Caputo A A, Bakke N K A Comparison of Athletic Mouthguard Materials The American Journal of Sports Medicine, 1985 Vol 13, No 3, pp 193-197.
- Bishop BM, Davies EH, von Fraunhofer JA. Material for mouth protectors. J Prosthet Dent 1985; 53:256-261.
- Physician and Sports Medicine, Vol 13. No. 8, Aug 85.
- Kerr, L.I. Mouthguards for the Prevention of Injuries in Contact Sports; Sports Medicine, 1986, pp 415-427.
- Kuebker W., Morrow R., Cohen P. Do Mouth-formed Mouth Guards Meet the NCAA Rules? Physician and Sports Medicine Vol. 14, No 6 June 1986 pp. 69-74.
- Bolhuis J H A, Jeurs J M M, Floger G E. Dental and Facial Injuries in International Field Hockey British Journal Sports Medicine Vol 21, No 4, Dec. 1987, pp 174-177.
- Duda M. Which Athletes Should Wear Mouthguards? The Physician and Sports Medicines, Vol 15, No 9, September 87.
- Hunter, Keith DDS. Practical Tips, Dental Outlook, Volume 15, No.3, September 1988, Australia.
- Hardcourt, J.K. Aust. Dent Journal, 1989:34:5 pp485.
- Holland G.J. et al. Custom vs. Commercial Mouthguard Use; Effect on Exercise Metalbolic-Verilatory Response of Trained Distance Runners, NSCA Journal of Applied Sports Science Research, Vol. 3, 1989.
- Hildebrandt JR, Garner Nelson J. [i]Mouthguard Protection for Boxing; U.S. Olympic Committee, 1990.
- Consumer Product Safety Commission Study, 1990.
- Kranser P. Treatment of Tooth Avulsion in the Emergency Department: Appropriate Storage and Transport Media; American Journal of Emergency Medicine. Vol.8, No.4, W.B. Saunders Co., July 1990., pg 351.
- Transmission of HIV-1 Infection via Sports Injury; Lancet, May 5, 1990, pg. 1105.
- Andreassen J.O., Andreassen F.M. Essentials of Traumatic Injuries to the Teeth; Munksgaard, Copenhagen, 1991, pg 136.
- Stokes A N, Chapman P J. Mouthgards, Dental Traumas and the 1990 All Blacks New Zealand Journal of Sports Medicine. Summer 1991, pp 66-67.
- Guevara P A, Ranalli D N. Techniques for Mouthguard Fabrication Dental Clinics of North America, Vol 35, No 4, Oct 1991, pp 667-67.
- Pinkham J R, Kohn D W. Epidemiology and Prediction of Sports Related Traumatic Injuries, Dental Clinics of America, Vol 35, No 4, October 1991, pp 609-625.
- Ranalli DN. Prevention of Craniofacial Injuries in Football; The Dental Clinics of North America, Sports Dentistry; Vol.35, No.4, Oct. 1991, Saunders, pp 636.
- Handler, SD. Diagnosis and Management of Maxillofacial Injuries, Chapter 40; Torg JS, Athletic injuries to the Head, Neck, and Face; Mosby Year Book, 1991, pp628-631.
- Manske, K.A. Progress on Smokeless Tobacco Intervention and the Use of Mint Snuff 1990-1992. Tobacco Intervention Network Position Paper, Gresham, Oregon. J.O. Andreasen and F.M. Andreasen: Essentials of Traumatic Injuries to the Teeth. Munksgaard Publishing, 1991, pp 11-12.
- Torg, J.S. Athletic Injuries to the Head, Neck, and Face. 2nd ed., Mosby Year Book, 1991, pp635.
- Fact Sheet, Baseball Injuries. National Youth Sports Foundation for the Prevention of Athletic Injuries; Needham, Mass., 1992.
Ranalli, DN: Prevention of Craniofacial Injuries in Football; The Dental Clinics of North America, Sports Dentistry; Vol 35, No.4, Oct. 1991, Saunders, pp635.
- Dental Injury Fact Sheet. National Youth Sports Foundation for the Prevention of Athletic Injury Inc. Needham, Massachusetts, C 1992.
- NCAA: 1992 NCAA Football Rules and Interpretations; Overland Park, Kansas, 1992.
- NCAA Guidelines 2H. AIDS and Intercollegiate Athletics. 1992-93 NCAA Sports Medicine Handbook: April 1988, Revised June 1992: pp.24-25.
- NCAA Guideline 2F. Eating Disorders- Anorexia and Bulimia. 1992-93 NCAA Sports Medicine Handbook Jan. 1986, revised June 1992 pg. 20-21.
- Padilla R, Balikov S. Sports Dentistry Coming of Age in the 90’s, Journal California Dental Association April 1993 p27-34.
- Tavener M, Payne W. The Effects of Participation in a ‘Health of Primary Schools Program’ on the Physical Fitness of Children The Australian Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport, September 1993 25 (3):84-85.
- Chapman PJ, Nasser B P. Attitudes to Mouthgards an Prevalence of Orofacial Injuries in Four Teams Competing at the Second World Cup. British Journal Sports Medicine 1993: 27(3)pp 197-199.
- Park et al. Methods of Improved Mouthguards, First International Symposium on Biomaterials, Teajon, Korea, August 1993.
- Seltzer DG. Educating Athletes on HIV Disease and AIDS. Physician and Sports Medicine 1993;21 (1): pp 109-115.
- Bailey D. Physical Activity and the Attainment of Peak of Bone Mass in Children. The Australian Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport, 26 March/June 94 (1/2) : 3-5.
- Flanders Raymond A Mohandas BHAT. The Incidence of Oro Facial Injuries in Sport A Pilot Study in Ilinois JADA Vol 126, April 1995, pp 491-6.
- Chapman P J. Conclusion in Contact Sports and Importance of Mouthgards in Protection the Australian Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport, March 1995, 23-27.
- Padilla R, Dorney B, Balikov S. Mouthgards-Prevention of Oral Injuries, Journal California Dental Association, March 1996, Vol 24, No.3.
- Brisbane Australia Sunday Mail 25/06/95 Article “Brisbane Schoolboy Swallows Mouthgard”.
- Chapman J. Patrick, Football Club and Boxing Medical Officer, Consultant Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon, University of Queensland, Brisbane. Concussion in Contact Sports and Importance of Mouthguards in Protection, Australian Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport, March 1995.
- Harmer P A. Protective Equipment in Womens Lacrosse. Sport Health Australian Vol 11,No. 3, pp14-17.